Saturday, May 9, 2009

pleasant surprises

Went for a walk and found this portrait grafittied on a bridge. It looks like it was stenciled, but it's still amazing.

I got Fahrenheit 451 from the library yesterday and read it all in one sitting. It was AWESOME! One of my favorite books now - I totally recommend it. Though it was written in the 50s, it's an acurrate depiction of what's happening today (it's set in "the future"); how our society is degrading, getting more simple-minded because we want to avoid conflict with everyone. Everything is fluff.

If you need some good music to listen to: Vitamin String Quartet

10 comments:

Becca. said...

lovely photo! xx

Maria said...

I lvo e that cool grfiti your found

asunlitday said...

That stencil is really cool! Very accurate.

I agree, the world as we know it is very simple-minded(well, most of it) and most people are very stupid and don't want to learn anything. Come take a walk round my high school and you will see a TON of examples.

indigotangerine said...

i haven't read farenheit 451 but it sounds good.
and wow, is that portrait great

Emma said...

that's really cool! and i'll have to read that book.. i've heard many good things about it :]

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

that's so well-done for graphiti! see ya 2nite! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

herecomesthesun said...

I love finding street art! I used to spray paint butterfly stencils around the place until i got scared of being caught.

DaisyChain said...

I love stumbling accross such things. The most interesting graffiti I ever found is actually too vulgar to share, but it gave me a giggle!

Unknown said...

love the vitamin string quartet!! =D

Emy Augustus said...

I love seeing street art like that. There's a lot more in the city obviously than the suburbs.
one time i saw stenciled on the pavement 'I love sweat shop labor' and took a pic of it.

I liked that book alot too. The old woman who died with her books was a touching scene.

i want to avoid fluff/being fluffy in the head related matters.