Monday, April 20, 2009

the [library] adventures of benedict the egg

Well. This should have been posted on Saturday, but for various reasons, I couldn't upload the pics until now. Let me explain first, before you get strange ideas in your heads. In my bible class, we are doing a unit on relationship, marriage, parenthood, etc. In lou (?) to the parenthood part, we have to carry an egg around for a week to symbolize a child. I think some schools might use baby dolls? Anyway, no, it's not hardboiled, and I have already cracked him (rolled out of his basket while in the car, but he's okay). His name is Benedict.


This is my sister; I really love how this photo turned out with the stained glass window in the background.
This is my goofy friend, currently calling herself "Elmo" or "the demented chicken who can't fly," currently lying on the library floor. Don't worry, it was way back in the adult fiction section, so no one saw us. At least, very few did. :P
Me 'n my little baby.




That's my goofy friend's hand in the back there.

Ugh, it's Monday again. Ah well. Hang in there everyone, summer is in sight!!!

16 comments:

Jenna said...

So Abundance is good? Cuz I am soooo intimidated by it.
And I love that first picture of your sister! So pretty!

Parapluie said...

Haha, the egg looks so cute!

Ellen Osborne said...

haha!! how crazy!!! I hope you egg grows up to be a wonderful.... omelet?

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

my sister is so "special". i think you should have aborted benedict before he was born-just kidding! he burbles, but i think the whole idea is kind of dumb. ;) see you on wednesday!

DaisyChain said...

Ohhh what an adorable post!

Anonymous said...

wow thats one adorable lil egg you got there!
thanks for your lovely comment..sharpie tees are a must!
x

Slanelle said...

xD Benedict is so cute!!

terra said...

what a lovely child you have there
i've always heard stories of schools and whatnot doing funky stuff with eggs, but i had to do quite the opposite
i got to put mine in a rocket (water bottle) and chuck it out the window
the goal was to defy gravity and keep it from breaking
maybe they've met (before mine's life sadly ..ended?)
as for the last picture, i spy some tazo tea in the background
nice choice! :)

E said...

Aw, it's so cute! I love how you drew a little face on it!

Emma said...

i love the photos! and your egg baby is SO cute! :]

sarah said...

benedict is very cute...I hope he grows up to be big and strong:)

Elisa said...

ahaha, awww. I love the egg!

Catherine said...

Haha, aw! I'm vegan, but I can't help but smile at that cute little egg :)

Have a great day!

Kay Adams said...

so cute.

emily said...

aw, he's so cute! i love the little drawn-on face.

me melodia said...

i like your egg baby.