Tuesday, April 14, 2009

argh! I can't think of a good title for this post

First off, I'm sick...again. Last night I had the chills and a fever, now I just feel drained. It's weird, because I'm the kind of person who gets a brief cold once a year -- not real sickness. *sigh* I hope this doesn't go on as long as the last time about two months ago (four weeks of being sick!). Well, anyway...
Yesterday my friend and I walked downtown to the library (yeah, I know, not the most ideally fun thing to do on an Easter break) and sat in one of the back isles reading.


As you can see, we have different tastes in literature... :-)
The sharpie-ed shoes I'm wearing are really fun to walk in, because they sound like dull tap shoes when they're on a hard surface.
There's this lovely old purple door downtown that I've always loved. Well, it appears that someone kicked part of it in. Needless to say, I am not happy about it.
Does anyone know the name of this flower? I can't remember.

Have a good rest of the week, ya'll!

16 comments:

Emy Augustus said...

the door way pic looks so cool. it really emphasizes a feeling of depth and mystery.

noo don't know the name of that flower. =P

Caroline Cakewise said...

I think the flower may be a grape hyacinth?? But not too sure, I'm afraid! Looks like you had a delicious day - I love it when people capture little things that catch their eye as they walk around the places they live, like that little lilac door! I really hope you feel better soon. And I am glad you appreciated the Audrey! ^^ xx

Leah said...

i've no idea what sort of flower that is, i'm sorry. it reminds me of the ones from ms. rumphius, though i know its not the same. and i love the library, but i can't really hang out at the one in my city, as it's a bit sketchy. i'm jealous :)

herecomesthesun said...

hahaha I have the hardest time thinking of titles for my posts sometimes!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

hey, look its my special sister. the flowers are grape hyacinths-so pretty! sure i can take u to FG but i dont know when i'm going =( my mom is so lazy; maybe ur mom could take us?

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

fritha louise said...

hope you feel better soon! love the colour of your tights :)

noone said...

the purple door picture is so neat!

Frock Around the Clock said...

Cool shoes! Good work with the sharpie marker! Hope you are feeling better soon :) x

Liz said...

Feel better soon, lovely pictures.

sarah said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

SO sorry for you being ill again.. I understad you not being happy about that door. It must have been beautiful.. well, I wish I had a library I could just go in and read what I want.. maybe someday, when I move :P

spakrs and sunshine
bv

Thumbelina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thumbelina said...

Oh that flower is a Lupin! They always sprout up where I live in the summer as well as Fireweeds. Anyway, being sick is the worst! I really hope you get feeling better hun. I unfortunately had the flu twice already this year which was horrible, so I know how you feel.

I also love reading at the back of libraries... it looks like you have an art book as I can see a Renoir in the left hand corner! It is especially enjoyable on dreary cold days when all I want to do is nest all day long.
Any, I hope you get better!
Au revoir,
Marisa

P.S. I haven't heard this coldplay song before, is it new?

DaisyChain said...

I hope your feeling better now doll x

asunlitday said...

That actually sounds like a ton of fun! I love books...
your shoes are amazing, truly amazing.
that door is really cool, I love the color. You can tell it has a history.

Becky Farley said...

Hello! I love your blog! You're clever lol with all your pictures and comments! I really like the vintage store pictures (past blog). Very cute!