Friday, February 27, 2009

apple-y goodness ^_^

I noticed we had a basket full of apples in our kitchen, so I put one to use and baked it. First, mix a ton (okay, a decent amount...use your judgment) of honey, raisins and cinnamon in a bowl.
Core an apple. If you don't have a core-er (?) you can use a vegetable peeler to dig into it, or just a knife.
Place the apple on a square of aluminum foil. Load it up. Fold the aluminum foil over (you may want to double-wrap it; I've had it leak before) and place it in the oven at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. I've always done this time amount because I like the apple with a little crunchiness still in it, but I suppose you could put it in for longer.

Cut it up and enjoy! This is one of my favorite things to make in the winter. You can't really tell from the pic, but there's a puddle of honey in the bottom there; the honey also soaks through the apple...it's great. and so simple.

Well, see you in blogland. ♥

1 comment:

Joyti said...

Yum...it sounds so delicious. I've never had a roasted apple - except in a cake or pie - and the apple is always the best bit.