Saturday, February 28, 2009

pretty disappointing day

today has been pretty blah. I have tendonitis in both arms but it only acts up sometimes. well, I've been working on weaving a basket for art class and it's acted up again. So painful! I think I'll ask my teacher if i can opt out of this project; maybe she'll let me do something else.
I just sat around all day. The most excitement was going to starbucks with my sister and then getting a lavender-vanilla candle at Yankee Candle for my mom's birthday coming up. so nothing that productive, fun, or interesting to write about. :/

a few of my cousins are here, but they're all boys and like twelve and younger. They're downstairs playing with my brother.
I found this awesome quote on the bella vita blog; I'm copying it here because I think everyone should read it.
"It makes sense that if a plant is separated from the sun, it dies, and that if people are separated from God, they die. And so now it feels as if we live on a planet where there is just a little bit of water left, poisoned as it is, and we all are trying to get it and drink it so we can stay alive. But what we really need is God. What we really need is somebody who loves us so much we don't worry about death, about our hair thinning, about other drivers pulling in front of us on the road, about whether people are poor or rich, good-looking or ugly, about whether we feel lonely or about whether or not we are wearing clothes. We need this; we need this so we can love other people purely and not for selfish gain, we need this so we can see everybody as equals, we need this so our relationships can be sincere, we need this so we can stop kicking ourselves around, we need this so we can lose all self-awareness and find ourselves for the first time, not by realizing some dream, but by being told who we are by the only Being who has the authority to know, by that I mean the Creator."
-Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller
Actually, I did do something semi-productive this morning. I hadn't sketched in a while, so i sat down and drew a picture of my sister making a funny face (copied off of a photo I took of her last month). sorry the photo below is sorta grey and fuzzy...
peace.

2 comments:

DaisyChain said...

I'm craving starbucks now, damn! I hope your having a relaxing Sunday x

Catherine said...

Ha, normally I don't want starbucks, but I must say, I have a strange craving for it now...

Thank you for following my blog! :)