Thursday, March 26, 2009

fishies and cupcakes...hmm

Believe it or not, I'm still sick! Well, it's not as serious as it was before (it's just a cold/cough now), but tomorrow it will make four weeks. I guess my body is just in-immune to illnesses right now (haha, say "in-immune" five times fast!).
Here are some fishies I made in art class when we were working with printmaking. Our goal was to incorporate the human hand into the shape of the fish when we carved it out (you can vaguely see the outlines of fingers...). They're not the best quality, I know, but it was actually my first time with printmaking.
Which is your favorite?
This is my favorite, even though the fish don't have faces...It's different from what everyone else in my class did (two fish swimming together instead of just one printed on). I also like how they overlap.
I also made some mini cupcakes for my mom's birthday. Now I'm not sure which I like better - mini ones or regular sized. These are so cute!
In response to Alice X's question about inspiration boards, here are some photos of mine...




peace.

5 comments:

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

hope you feel better soon! XX i love those mini cupckaes!! can you send me the recipie? hugsXX

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

DaisyChain said...

Your mini cupcakes are adorable. want want want.

Catherine said...

Feel better! Cool prints and cute cupcakes :)

Have a nice day!

casey said...

Those cupcakes look delicious! You've made me very, very hungry.

And I hope you feel better soon :]

LookingGlassGirl said...

Yum yum. The cupcakes look delicious amd so lovely on that plate too :).