Monday, March 30, 2009

i look like a bruise. the daffodils are pretty tho.

Spring. Ah. After a long dreary season of snow and ice and grey, spring comes -- the harbinger of summer. It's the season when we hold our breath in giddy anticipation of the next season.

It was grey all over
The sky
like a murky watercolor
dripped sorrow onto me
It soaked through me
I didn't remember what color was
Only the grey
But something made me look up
There
peeking indignantly through the clouds
was a patch of blue
What was it doing there
spoiling the endless grey
I squinted in its awkward brilliance
watching as the clouds
slowly
drifted apart
The blue filled the heavens
spilling beautifully over everything
seeping into my soul
Color
I cried
This is an outfit I put together; it's a black dress with a navy blue sweater -- you can't really tell because of the lighting. Black and blue...ha.
I went out and took some pictures of the daffodils in our front yard.
Hope you all have a great week!
peace.

13 comments:

Leah said...

brilliant poem, i absolutely love it! and daffodils are probably my favorite thing right now, they make everything seem like spring =)

Anna Wallace said...

haha thank!

lovely daffodils, i can't wait til the ones in my yard come out because that will mean that spring is really here.

the notebook doodles said...

the daffodils are definitely very pretty.

❤sb

Kati said...

The photos are really good!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!

And lovely photos, I need and miss the sun here in Denver this past few weeks, so soon.

Also the name of the flower I am not sure of but they are from a tree, I tried to research it with no luck yet, but I will let you know if I do.
Have a wonderful week. :)

DaisyChain said...

I love this entire post. So beautiful.

AliceSeagull said...

I love that song and spring mood in it. :)
Actualy, i see the difference between dark blue and black; you can see it if you look on picture more intensively. cool outfit!
daffodils are really lovely, i bought a bouquet yesterday, it was for charoty who collect money for people who have a cancer!

Thank you for a nice comment, i hope we will read each other!

TheMinx said...

your pictures of the daffodils are simply gorgeous.

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

pretty daffodills!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

The first thing I did when he sun started shining was taking pictures of teh flowers in my garden. I missed sunlight so much!
Te dafflouid look pretty :)

many sparks and smiles
bv

Joyti said...

What lovely daffodils...! The poem is quite lovely too.

Catherine said...

I love your photos of the daffodils, they're so pretty!

I happen to love blue and black together :)

And I hope you have a nice week as well!

LookingGlassGirl said...

Did you write the poem? It's so good. I love daffodils, they're so fresh.